Posted On06 Jul 2022
We are hiring!
WARM is seeking to appoint a Passivhaus Consultant to join our experienced team to design and deliver low-energy building designs.
JOB DESCRIPTION - PASSIVHAUS CONSULTANT
We are a small but very effective team and we like each other!
Employee benefits include flexible working, an annual sustainable travel budget, profit linked bonus, and pension contributions. We actively encourage personal advancement; we offer an annual budget for external CPD plus in house CPD sessions and support towards Chartered status.
- We are a team with a deep passion for sustainable design; it is not just a business to us. This extends to our wider network of colleagues and clients as well; our projects by their very nature draw people who care about what they do.
- We are small but influential, working on pioneering projects across the UK. You will have the opportunity to learn from our extensive knowledge of how to engineer real low energy buildings.
- We have a strong culture of personal advancement. You will be encouraged to extend your understanding and develop your own areas of interest; our role may change over time and we expect your knowledge base to change with it (you can also influence this change).
- We expect our employees to develop a working understanding of business management; we will actively support you to look after project budgets, find potential clients, input into company direction etc. if you have the ability and motivation to take these aspects on.
- We provide close supervision some of the time but are keen for you to take responsibility and provide you with opportunities to make significant decisions.
Further information about the work of WARM
- Design – for the last 12 years WARM have concentrated on building fabric; designing to the Passivhaus standard has been the mainstay of our work, with a particular interest in buildability. We have been responsible for some of the most pioneering projects in the UK including the first Passivhaus schools, the largest Passivhaus housing schemes, and airtightness support for the first Passivhaus swimming pool.
- Certify – we were the first certifiers based in the UK and are now we are one of the most prolific, having certified over 50 developments. We specialise in large and complex buildings and have been involved in nearly every non-domestic Passivhaus project in the UK.
- Teach – we believe in disseminating the knowledge we have and so run the successful CarbonLite Passivhaus training, as well as providing technical lectures to RIBA, independent consultancies, national/international conferences and Universities.
- Test – much of our knowledge of what a low energy building is comes from our own research. This includes ventilation commissioning, air testing, energy monitoring, co-heating testing, thermographic surveys and of course having a go at building.
Salary will depend upon experience. Please don't hesitate to get in contact to discuss this or any other questions you may have.
Send in a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or just give us a call to talk further. We would love to hear from you!